PPS (Polyphenylene Sulfide) needle-punched filter felt is a filter material with excellent performance in high temperature and corrosive environments. PPS is a special synthetic polymer that can maintain stability under high temperature and chemical corrosion conditions, so it is often used in flue gas purification and high temperature gas filtration in industrial fields.
- Our capacity:15000 square meter per day (standard PPS product)
- Width: ≤2.2m
- Length: ≤100m
- PPS has good chemical stability, wide temperature range, resistance to atmospheric aging, better radiation resistance, low permeability and many other performance advantages.
- Despite PPS has the superior performance, the high price of PPS is its large-scale promotion of the obstacle.
- Finish-treatment: Calendering, Heat setting, Singeing
Learn more about PPS(Ryton) Filter Bag
Main features of PPS needle punched filter felt
- High temperature resistance: PPS has excellent high temperature resistance and is able to work in high temperature environments, usually up to temperatures above 190°C (374°F).
- Chemical stability: PPS material shows strong stability to a variety of chemical corrosive substances, so it is suitable for some filtering environments with corrosive gases or chemical substances.
- Low hygroscopicity: PPS material has very low hygroscopicity and can maintain stable performance in humid environments.
- Abrasion resistance: PPS needle-punched filter felt is relatively wear-resistant and suitable for industrial filtration environments that require long-term use.
- Good mechanical strength: PPS material has good mechanical strength to a certain extent, and can withstand certain tension and pressure during the filtration process.
We now mainly have three categories of PPS woven fabrics
1. PPS filament, thickness 2.2-0.3mm, weight 1150-200g
2. PPS short fiber, thickness 2.2-0.3mm, weight 1150-200g
3. PPS monofilament, thickness 0.8-0.15mm, weight 550g-80g
Advantages of PPS (Ryton) Needle Felt in Filmedia®
1. Excellent Anti-Acid And Anti-Alkali.
2. Anti-High Temperature:190-220°C/374-428°F.
3. High-efficiency filtration.
4. Suitable for the filtration of sulfur fumes or sulfur oxides in fuel.
5. Very easy to be oxidized in sunshine.
6. Suitable for high humidity, high concentration, and flue dust containing chemical ingredients.
7. Can be customized.
Notice: Common brands of PPS include Ryton®and Procon® and belong to Philip Company.
PPS needle-punched filter felt is often used in high-temperature flue gas purification equipment, coal power plants, cement plants, oil refineries, metallurgical industries and other fields that require gas filtration and particle separation in high-temperature and corrosive environments. Due to its special properties, it can effectively capture tiny particles and pollutants, ensuring a clean and safe production environment.
Physical and Chemical Properties of PPS (Ryton) Needle Felt: (Customization is accepted in terms of feature and size)
|Weight（gsm）||The three options mentioned above|
|Thickness(mm)||The three options mentioned above|
|Width(m)||The three options mentioned above|
|Finish treatment||Singeing, Calendering, Heat setting|
|Tensile strength(N/5 cm)||warp||≥1100|
We also supply a new material that can replace the PPS needle felt. It has the characteristics of the PPS needle felt, but the continued temperature can be up to 250℃. The following are the specification for the new products.